THE SCHOOL’S PHILOSOPHY
St. Johns Country Day School provides a strong college preparatory program. It maintains high academic standards and offers a demanding curriculum intended to interest all students and challenge them to discover their own capabilities. Its aim is to develop young people who are independent, self-reliant individuals prepared for college and for life. Admissions are based on developmental maturity, academic achievement, and aptitude regardless of gender, race, creed or national origin.
Learning is enhanced by small classes, the interaction among students in grades Pre-K through 12, and the comfort and security of an attractive campus environment. Recognizing individual learning styles, teachers employ a variety of instructional techniques.
Founded upon Judeo-Christian principles, the school seeks to develop in each student a sense of self-worth and respect for the values of a diverse school community. St. Johns Country Day School seeks to nurture in its students a continuing desire to learn and the skills necessary to pursue their goals.
THE SCHOOL’S OBJECTIVES
St. Johns Country Day School has for its purposes the college preparatory education of students in the strict and demanding tradition of academic education and to aid them in recognition and acceptance of the divine pattern in their lives. To meet these objectives, the school:
- sets as the goal of each student a questioning and inquiring mind prepared for the demands of college and the challenges of life;
- fosters an appreciative but critical attitude towards knowledge;
- guides each student to self-understanding through numerous and appropriate techniques;
- encourages each student to participate in group activities, to respect the rights of others, and to realize obligations to both the individual and the group;
- recognizes and encourages the spiritual development of its students;
- offers appropriate physical activities to support the development of the whole individual;
- seeks to develop aesthetic awareness through a variety of experiences in the fine arts area;
- fosters a sensitivity to the needs of the environment and the community.
As thy days, so shall thy strength be.” (Deut. 33:25)
To St. Johns our hymn we raise,
Full of love and full of praise.
Wisdom gained for future days
Leads us on to righteous ways.
With our days our strength shall grow
As our words and deeds may show.