St. Johns Country Day School Student Athlete’s Code
Given our belief that high school athletics provides aunique opportunity for the development of physical conditioning, athletic skill, and character traits, we expect every St. Johns student athlete to strive for the following:
- Develop the skills necessary to participate competently in the game.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rules and conventions of the game.
- Demonstrate a level of physical conditioning and fitness sufficient to participate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of healthy behaviors including nutritional issues.
- Reinforce our alcohol, tobacco and other drug-free policies by refraining from using any such substances.
- Be dependable in fulfilling obligations and commitments. Accept responsibility for consequences of actions, to not make excuses or blame others. Strive to excel.
- Give 100% effort and not give up in the face of set backs.
- Demonstrate truthfulness and play by the rules of the game.
- Control anger and frustration and refrain from displays of temper and bad language.
- Accept losing and winning graciously
- Be faithful to the ideals of the game, including sportsmanship.
- Show team spirit, encourage others and contribute to good morale.
- Set a good example for teammates, younger athletes, fans, and school community.