The transition to Middle School can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be.
As students approach the Middle School milestone, we enable them to take on more responsibility, broaden their academic and school experiences, and rise to the new challenges that Middle School life can bring. Students are empowered to make skillful and purposeful choices within a safe space with an appropriate safety net.
What does that mean for students?
- Increased literacy blocks (English, literature, vocabulary, phonics, grammar, writing)
- Interdisciplinary lessons and thematic studies
- Opportunities for participation with Middle School students and faculty
- Comprehensive science program with labs
- Social studies including human behavior, relationships and resources
- Students experience multiple teachers for different subjects
The Academy’s Education Team:
Maura Rupert, Academy Director and Literacy Teacher
Jennifer Keller, Social Studies Teacher
Amanda Powers, Science Teacher
Nicole Thompson, English Teacher
Danielle Turner, Math Teacher