The St. Johns Country Day School Merit Scholarship is a selective, merit-based opportunity designed for students who demonstrate both outstanding academic promise and a desire to make a significant contribution to the life of St. Johns Country Day School.
To earn a merit scholarship, a student must:
- be entering Grade 7 or Grade 9.
- complete the St. Johns admissions process, or be a re-enrolled St. Johns student.
- complete the St. Johns Merit Scholarship application, including an essay.
- take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) and earn a combined stanine score of 28 or higher. (To learn more about the ISEE, please visit ISEEtest.org.)
- maintain a weighted Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
- have completed application submitted by February 28.
The Merit Scholarship will cover 50% of tuition as long as the recipient continues to meet the eligibility requirements for the scholarship. This scholarship does not cover any additional required fees or expenses including, but not limited to: application fee, building fees, Tuition Refund Plan (TRP), digital textbook fees, and school uniforms costs.
A detailed description of the program rules and regulations including eligibility, application process, and renewal policy is included in the Merit Scholarship Application.
St. Johns admits qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin and grants to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school.