The St. Johns Country Day School Merit Scholarship is a selective, merit-based opportunity designed for students who demonstrate both outstanding academic promise and a desire to make a significant contribution to the life of St. Johns Country Day School.
To earn a merit scholarship, a student must:
- be entering Grade 7 or Grade 9.
- complete the St. Johns admissions process, or be a re-enrolled St. Johns student.
- complete the St. Johns Merit Scholarship application, including an essay.
- take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) and earn a combined stanine score of 28 or higher. (To learn more about the ISEE, please visit ISEEtest.org.)
- maintain a weighted Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
The Merit Scholarship will cover 50% of tuition for one academic year and for a student in Grade 7 is renewable for one additional year (though Grade 8). The scholarship is renewed annually for a student in Grade 9, provided the student continues to meet the eligibility requirements. A student earning the Merit Scholarship in Grade 7 will need to reapply for the scholarship in Grade 9.
The Merit Scholarship does not cover any additional required fees or expenses including but not limited to: application fee, building fees, tuition insurance (TRP), digital textbook fee, and school uniforms costs.
A detailed description of the program rules and regulations including eligibility, application process, and renewal policy is included in the Merit Scholarship application.