The St. Johns Country Day School Merit Scholarship is a selective, merit-based opportunity designed for students who demonstrate both outstanding academic promise and a desire to make a significant contribution to the life of St. Johns Country Day School.
To earn a merit scholarship, a student must:
- be entering Grade 7 or Grade 9.
- complete the St. Johns admissions process, or be a re-enrolled St. Johns student.
- complete the St. Johns Merit Scholarship application, including an essay.
- take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) and earn a combined stanine score of 28 or higher. (To learn more about the ISEE, please visit ISEEtest.org.)
- maintain a weighted Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
The Merit Scholarship will cover 50% of tuition for one academic year and for a student in Grade 7 is renewable for one additional year (though Grade 8). The scholarship is renewed annually for a student in Grade 9, provided the student continues to meet the eligibility requirements. A student who earns the Merit Scholarship in Grade 7 does not need to reapply for Grade 9. Provided all eligibility requirements continue to be met, the student's scholarship will roll over to Upper School.
The Merit Scholarship does not cover any additional required fees or expenses including but not limited to: application fee, building fees, tuition insurance (TRP), digital textbook fee, and school uniforms costs.
A detailed description of the program rules and regulations including eligibility, application process, and renewal policy is included in the Merit Scholarship application.