Each year, Youth Leadership Jacksonville draws together approximately 50 students that have proven leadership ability and who represent a cross section of Northeast Florida's youth. Students apply through their high schools during their freshman year and the selected representatives then participate during their sophomore year.
The goals of the program are to help these students:
- Meet students from across the First Coast
- Increase their awareness of our community needs, opportunities, problems, and resources
- Gain a greater understanding of contemporary issues
- Develop effective styles of leadership, communication, and decision-making
- Become responsible, ethical leaders committed to active community involvement
St. Johns thanks the sophomores who represented the School in the Youth Leadership Jacksonville program this year: Kennedy Brown, Shannon Hodges, and Patrick Walsh, and we are proud to announce the 2021-2022 representatives, Gianna Lentini and Taylor Thigpen.