Every Spartan, Every Day
St. Johns plans to begin the 2020-21 School year with every student on campus every day. The goal is to provide a safe learning environment that supports the delivery of the School’s mission and values, while supporting our students and families. To do this, the School must remain vigilant and flexible. We ask parents, faculty, staff, and students to also remain flexible as guidelines, policies, and procedures are likely to change with little notice.
St. Johns Country Day School continues to work to ensure that policies and procedures are in place and in compliance with local, state and federal guidelines regarding School reopening and the prevention of COVID-19. These plans are based on extensive research by the Head of School-appointed Task Force for a Healthy Reopening, collaboration with local medical professionals, as well as recommendations made by:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Governor DeSantis’ Safe, Smart, Step-by-Step Plan for Florida Recovery
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Florida Department of Education, Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Independent School Management (ISM).
As we move through reopening, our goals are to:
- Ensure campus safety by establishing and following procedures that prevent individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 from being on campus.
- Establish and follow health and safety protocols that protect all individuals from infectious diseases.
- Create clear procedures to be followed in the event a community member tests positive for COVID-19, including communicating with those who have had possible contact and providing clear directions as to next steps.
- Put into place appropriate safety practices and protocols to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 throughout campus. These practices and modifications will affect all aspects of School life and will evolve as needed to ensure we protect and serve our community.
- Ensure the School and School faculty and staff are trained, able, and have the flexibility to quickly pivot among outlined plans as needed if / when local, state, or federal guidelines or orders change.